- Stunning views of the Mississippi river valley from high up on bluffs
- The drive there along Great River Road is spectacular
- Lots of great historic structures from the WPA days
- Short hikes with high reward make this a great spot to take young kids
- The drive through the park in Fall is spectacular.
- Lots of other things to see and do in and around Grafton to make a perfect day trip including wineries, great restaurants, ferries, Two River Wildlife Refuge, and much more.
- Great place for bird-watching
- Perfect spot to catch a sunset
- During Spring floods, sometimes the Great River Road is shut down
Getting ThereGoogle your way to Alton, IL and then take the Great River Road up to Pere Marquette. It's just under an hour drive for us but it is by far my favorite drive in the area.
Pulling together pictures for Pere Marquette was an easy task since my family makes a point to visit there at least once a year and there’s never a lack stunning sites to photograph. I will have to go back and take more pics with my upgraded cameras. Aw shucks 🙂
More coming soon… I’ve got lots more to write on this but wanted to get it live quick…